Veggie Coconut Soup with Toasted Hemp Seeds:
Yields: makes 2 servings as an entrée or 4 servings as an appetizer
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
1 yellow onion (small to medium)
2 garlic cloves
1 celery stalk
1 small to medium-sized sweet potato, peeled and cubed
1 zucchini (ends removed, but not peeled)
1 can of full fat coconut milk (400mL)
½ cup vegetable broth
½ tsp sea salt
½ tsp ground coriander
Olive oil (to drizzle)
Freshly ground pepper
Fresh Basil (or cilantro)
- Chop the veggies and add them to a pot with the oil.
- Sauté over medium heat for 3 minutes before adding the vegetable broth.
- Let cook for 5 minutes and then add the coconut milk and the seasonings.
- Cover with a lid and let simmer for 22 more minutes. If your stove top gets very hot, reduce heat to low-medium.
- Blend the soup either with an immersion stick blender or by transferring it to your blender (just make sure you close it well and to be extra cautious since the soup will be very hot).
- Serve in bowls, add the garnishes and enjoy!
Recipe by: Kim-Julie Hansen
IG: @kimjuliehansen @bestofvegan
Be sure to follow us @eatonhemp for more awesome recipes!