Mini Mango Cashew Tarts
Yield: 3 mini tarts
Prep Time: 15 min + 3 hours to set in the freezer
8 oz pitted dates
1/4 cup almond flour
1 pinch sea salt
1 1/4 cup of cashews, soaked
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup water
1 pack of frozen mango chunks (10oz)
1 tsp coconut oil
3 small pie or tart pans (about 5”)
- Process the squares, pitted dates and almond flour in a food processor or blender until you get a dough like consistency.
- Grease the tart pans lightly (with coconut oil, olive oil or vegan butter), then cut the dough into 3 equal parts. Form round balls and roll them out to fit the tart pans.
- In a highspeed blender, blend the filling ingredients until you get a thick and smooth consistency.
- Fill the tart pans with the filling and place in the freezer to set for 3-4 hours before eating.
- Garnish with additional squares and enjoy!
- Depending on the exact size of your tart pans, you may have a little dough left over, in which case you can use it to form bliss balls.
- Store the tarts in the freezer for up to a month and let them de-thaw for 15-20 minutes before serving.
- Desiccated coconut works well instead of almond flour as well.