Fried Wild Rice with Veggies and BBQ Ancho Chili Toasted Hemp Seed Crusted Tofu
Yields: 2 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes.
Cook time: 25 minutes.
Ingredients for the rice:
2 cups pre-cooked* wild rice
1 small or ½ large butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed and cut into approx. ½ inch cubes.
1 carrot, sliced
½ leek, thinly sliced (you can also use bell pepper or broccoli)
1 small red onion, sliced
Ingredients for the BBQ Ancho Chili Toasted Hemp Seed Crusted Tofu:
8oz extra firm tofu
¼ cup soy or tamari sauce
2 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp chipotle powder
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp onion powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp sea salt
1 pinch freshly ground pepper
1/3 cup almond flour
Fresh herbs of choice (like parsley, cilantro or basil), optional
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the cubed butternut squash on top. Add an olive oil drizzle and a little sea salt.
- Press the tofu to remove excess liquid using a kitchen towel or a tofu press and cut it into ½-1 inch cubes. Set aside.
- Prepare two deep plates or bowls. In the first one, mix the soy sauce, olive oil, chipotle, garlic and onion powder, smoked paprika, sea salt and pepper. In the other one, mix the almond flour and the toasted hemp seeds.
- Line a second baking tray with parchment paper, then dip each tofu cube in the soy sauce marinade first and then in the almond flour and toasted hemp seed mix. Make sure the cubes are well coated and then place them on the baking tray.
- Bake the butternut squash for 25 minutes and the tofu for 20 minutes**.
- While they’re in the oven, sauté the onion, leek and carrot in olive oil (about 1-2 tbsp) over medium heat for 7 minutes before adding the cooked wild rice. Add a pinch of sea salt and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Once the butternut squash is ready, mix it in with the veggies and rice and top with the tofu and some fresh herbs. Enjoy with your favorite sauce or dressing!
*If you don’t have pre-cooked wild rice at hand, simply cook it according to package instructions or use instant rice that only takes a few minutes to cook instead.
**Tip: to make the tofu even crispier, fry it some hot oil in a pan for an extra 1-2 minutes.
Recipe by: Kim-Julie Hansen
IG: @kimjuliehansen @bestofvegan
Be sure to follow us @eatonhemp for more awesome recipes!
Acheter Cialis Belgique Smoonaroni [url=https://bansocialism.com/]brand cialis online[/url] liazisleta Cialis 10 Doctissimo